Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Start to Summer Sewing . . .

I made a start to my summer sewing today, determined to make both of my little ones some handmade clothes for summer.

I made this little skirt for Miss M, based on my 'Tilda' skirt design, just a simple elastic waisted skirt with panels of Alexander Henry's Starling fabric (i LOVE this print!) mixed with some Amy Butler (another fav). This will look very cute with a plain singlet or t-shirt, I might even applique something pretty using the same fabric.
And a little reversible pinny dress/top that I drafted up when I had plans of adding something like this to the shop. It is a little shorter than what I wanted for this size (this is a size 2), and the back panels don't seem full enough to cover the back area, will have to wait and try it on Miss M tomorrow for a better picture of how it fits. Will look very cute though over some little shorts or pants, or even for winter over a long top and some jeans.

Next up will be some shorts for Master T. Actual shorts that sit above the knee - not like the ones in the shops that may as well be pants they seem to make them so long. And some applique or freezer stencilled t-shirts.

2 comments:

  1. Both look great, but I really love the little pinni, just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey looooooooooooooooooove the little dress. So very very gorgeous. Clever Clever lady. Love that you are living the Kre8ive Life....

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by to read my blog and leaving a comment, have a lovely day : )