Friday, November 30, 2012

{Dolls Quilt Swap 2012} Sent and Received

I once again participated in a Dolls Quilt Swap (DQS) with some quilting friends this year. My fourth year I think now, and I love the challenge of coming up with something interesting, colourful, to the taste and requests of the recipient.

This year I was making for AJ, who requested a wall hanging. So my mind wandered through AJ's blog, checked out what she had received in past years and also spent quite a bit of time on pinterest for some inspiration!



I made AJ a small rectangle size dolls quilt with scrappy houses, a rolling hill, dark skies with the sun poking through and some pretty rain drop quilting with a combination of variegated and metallic threads which sparkle in the light.



I received this year from Rachel, who made a little dolls quilt for Miss 4 - which quickly found a new home on her bed keeping a selection of her dolls all snuggled up for bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Anna I love it. I have just the spot for it on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by to read my blog and leaving a comment, have a lovely day : )