Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hushabye Quilts

I opened my "Hushabye" by Tula Pink jelly roll earlier this week and created two cot size (approx. 110x130cm) very quick quilt tops to finish and take to Mathilda's in Adelaide in March. The first I pieced together 24 random strips including all the pink ones from the roll then sliced in half, turned one half around and pieced the two long pieces together. The second one doesn't have any pink in it and I think the colours would be great for a little boy. This I have just left the strips as sewn - I had to add in 8 extra strips to get my 24 strips in total of some coffee coloured quilters cottons I picked up at spotlight. The spotted fabric I am using to back both quilts, not sure about the binding yet.

Girls quilt

Boys quilt - Miss M loves to 'help' measure everything with my measuring tape.

Apologies for the terrible photos once again - I am in serious need of a new camera, the colours really are much better in real life.

Now I just need to decide how to quilt these. I was first inspired to make these quick quilts like this after seeing the quilt Helen made for Ingrid's new little girl last year.

1 comment:

  1. Love these - Ive seen a few quilts made up in these fabrics, they are really pretty. I love the simplicity of the second one, cant wait to see them finished.

    Nic xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by to read my blog and leaving a comment, have a lovely day : )