Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Creative Space

On our recent trip away to Tassie, my MIL opened the doors to her sewing room and gave me this bundle of goodies to bring home with me. A retired seamstress, she has boxes and cupboards full of all sorts of goodies and gave me her stash of laces, bias and zips that she no longer uses. Many of the laces are quite old, back from her days working in a haby shop as a young girl. There are even pieces from her wedding dress. I plan to use lots of lace in my upcomig Autumn/Winter 2011 creations so stay tuned for some sneak peaks in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an awesome gift to bring home!! I bet the old laces are in great condition. I have some old clothes of my grandmothers and the quality of the fabrics used is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by to read my blog and leaving a comment, have a lovely day : )