Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blogtoberfest Day #4 ~ Chocolate Chip Muffins

Chocolate Chip Muffins
Ingredients:
125g butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 eggs
2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 cup milk
Chocolate chips (milk, dark or white or a mixture) - as many as you would like (i usually add about a cup depending on how many get eaten by my two little helpers in the process!)
Make & Cook:
Preheat oven to moderate (180 C/160 C fan-forced). Line two 12 hole patty pans (or one 12 hole paper pan for 12 giant muffins!) with paper cases or baking paper. Combine all ingredients in a bown and mix together, by hand, or with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into the patty pans and bake for about 20 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool.
Eat:
I usually make 12 giant ones and hubby takes these for a snack at work. They freeze well too.
Had another lovely day today at the Red Cliffs Country Markets. A fairly quiet event, but lots of people about and next month the Jazz & Wine Festival will be on as well as it being the 1st birthday of the market running so they are going to have some extra festivities planned - and cake of course!
And some answers to a few comments from my lovely blog readers : )
1. When do I find the time to sew??? Hmmm . . . basically whenever I get a chance. I am definitely not a night time sewer though (at least not late into the night). Both of my little ones both have a fairly good day sleep during the day - and at the same time - so most days I get about 1-2 hours of solid sewing time. I also sneak in a bit of sewing here and there when the kids are awake and happy to amuse themselves for half and hour or so. I also tend to run myself like a little production line. I might spend some time after dinner at night just doing cutting out of bits and pieces - like 10-20 dresses at once - all ready to sew. Then I sew them up in stages so that they are all at the same stage together. I can usually get this many done over a couple of days if I work this way.
2. Markets??? At the moment I am only doing markets that are local to me. We are in country Victoria on the border of VIC and NSW (about 6 hours from Melbourne / 3-4 hours from Adelaide). I am seriously considering a few Melbourne area markets though - Mathilda's, Sisters and Daylesford - are three that are on my mind at present. Would love to hear from others that have done these and their thoughts on how I might go, whether if would be worth the trip down Melbourne way?
Thanks for reading if you got this far! Phew - that was a long post. Promise something short and sweet tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy maddi made these for morning tea, they were good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was going to do cookies but now I may be persuaded to try your recipe. I'm a sucker for a good muffin.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by to read my blog and leaving a comment, have a lovely day : )