Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blogtoberfest Day #20 ~ Inspiration for a new quilt

I was recently blog surfing and came across a beautiful quilt Ingrid of Lottielulu recently received for her new baby Kitty.

So I found half a jellyroll from the 'Sweet' by Urban Chicks collection in my stash and with a few extra strips of fabric from the same collection added in to get the length I wanted I am going to make one too (the strips in the photo are folded in half). The finished quilt will measure approx 110cm x 120cm so a good size for a cot quilt. I'm hoping I can get this top put together tonight when the little ones go to bed, and then find some suitable backing fabric when I go into town later in the week.

Sorry for my terrible photography - we are in need of a new camera, maybe Santa will bring me one for Christmas . . . pretty pretty please : )

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous colours. I have some pieces all ready for to be sewn together too but too tired tonight - I am going to make a table runner. If it looks ok I will show it on my blog...in a week or so..

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by to read my blog and leaving a comment, have a lovely day : )